Friday, October 2, 2020

Student Post: Zach with Re-Elect Jennifer Webb, Florida House of Representatives HD69

 My name is Zach and I am majoring in Political Science and minoring in Public Administration at the University of South Florida.

I am currently interning on the campaign to Re-Elect Jennifer Webb, the State Representative in the Florida House of Representatives for the 69th District. I chose to work on Representative Webb’s re-election campaign because it is a highly contested seat in a district with a nearly equal number of Democrats and Republicans. Moreover, I was impressed by Rep. Webb’s accomplishments during her first terms in office and her determination to get things done bit by bit, despite being a member of the minority party in the legislature.  

So far, I have done literature drops in Kenneth City (as pictured), phone banked (as pictured), and attended meetings with the campaign staff and fellow interns/volunteers. I am excited to be able to contribute to the democratic process in an election year that is as important as this one. 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fundraising 101 with Guest Speaker Deborah Tannenbaum

One of the things I love about teaching Practical Politics is that -- since this is a course about how to run campaigns -- I bring in expert...